Red Checked Footstool
I picked up this little gem at an auction I recently attended. It really wasn’t much to look at, but I liked the legs and skirting.
The top opened and I am assuming there used to be a bottom to keep things in. The bottom was long gone.
The hinges on the top were another nightmare. They were bent and it looked like they had been shifted at one time, maybe because they pulled out. The shifting of the hinges was horrible and not one screw out of eight was the same.
I removed the top and sanded the wood base of the footstool.
A dry brushing of white paint improved the stool 100%.
I pulled out the quilt I bought at another recent auction and recovered the top.
I didn’t even consider putting a new bottom in the footstool and reattaching the hinges.