Another gem I found during our recent move.
Years ago I made these witches with my neighbor when I lived in Denver. After I moved to Kansas I misplaced the pattern. My Denver neighbor sent me a copy of her pattern and I started to make them again. Before I could finish them, life happened and they were put away again. I had completely forgotten about them until I made this move and found the parts again.
The pattern I used was from the October 1993 Crafts N’ Things magazine.
The bodies, legs and arms were all stitched and stuffed, but they were still just parts. I finished attaching everything and added the faces. The pattern used appliques for the eyes and mouth. I painted mine instead. Probably a good thing as I don’t think they can be purchased anymore.
They look a bit like aliens in this photo. 🙂
The clothes pieces were also cut and ready to go. Woo Hoo! That’s half the battle with sewing projects. All I had to do was stitch them together.
I made primitive buttons using Sculpey clay.
They were nice finishing touches for the dress…
…and the shoes.
The pattern called for excelsior hair, which I had used with the witches I made previously, but I just wasn’t feeling it this time. I used a mixture of gray, black and white curly doll hair. I also added a roll of black tulle to the brim of the hat.