Big doings in my craft room/office. I’ve been organizing. The room stores craft and office supplies, but there really isn’t that much room to actually do anything in there. One of my main issues is that it doesn’t have a door to close and hide the chaos and the door frame is extra wide.
I camouflage open shelving with an old door that I have leaning against the door frame and the shelf on the left of the photo. That helps a lot, but as you look straight into the room you see all my
crap goodies under the desk.
Yep, my desk surface is an old door that I placed over two cabinets. And yes, that’s how wide the room is. 🙁
Determined not to spend any money (What else is new?), I dug through my fabric and settled on some upholstery fabric cuts. I didn’t have quite enough of one, so I chose two with similar colors and textures.
The curtain’s construction was pretty basic. I measured the width of the desk and doubled it, then the height and added 2 inches.
Once I pieced together a sheet of fabric using the measurements, I hemmed the sides and the bottom. The top was a selvage edge, so I cheated. I folded it over 1 inch and stitched a casing. I cut cording the same width as the desk and threaded it through the casing. A few stitches on each end of the casing kept it from slipping out.
Lastly, I tacked the curtain to the front of the desk.
Not exactly decorator quality, but it only took me half an hour and it serves the purpose I was striving for.
Places I’m partying this week:
Wow Us Wednesdays